Agile Engineering Workshop for CSD Certification
This 3-day course is a hands-on workshop designed to help team members learn and apply Agile Engineering practices to deliver valuable solutions in an iterative approach. This workshop discusses the techniques that provide solutions that are of the highest quality with an emphasis on understanding why we use them. Students will then apply those techniques by completing a real problem.
Who Should Attend:
Developers, Architects, Software Engineers, and any other team members who are responsible for day-to-day programming and software design.
Hands-on experience with an object-oriented programming framework such as Java or .NET. Advanced programming concepts will be discussed, but developers with varying degrees of experience should find this course beneficial.
All participants should have a basic understanding of Agile and Agile methods such as Scrum and XP. It is important that anyone attending this workshop already has attended introductory Agile training
- Define Test Driven Development (TDD), how TDD works and its benefits
- Discuss how “Red-Green-Refactor” plays a role in Agile development
- Explore Emergent Design and Agile Architecture and their relation to the iterative, incremental approach that is used in Agile development
- Look at Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and its impact on Agile development
- Define and utilize Refactoring to exhibit the “simplicity” principle of the Agile Manifesto
- Examine how Extreme Programming (XP) principles, such as Pair Programming, help create a high-performing Agile team
Using a combination of interactive presentations and hands-on programming exercises, participants will be able to:
- Use TDD to drive good software design that meets business requirements
- Understand how to write automated tests, unit and acceptance, by using “Red-Green-Refactor” and testing frameworks
- See how using Agile Architecture and Emergent Design can be beneficial to both the product and the team
- Better grasp how Refactoring is a ‘must’ in Agile Development
- Comprehend why, and how, using CI/CD is a vital part of developing in an Agile environment
- Understand what it means to be a ‘true’ Agile development team