This course is focused on preparing ScrumMasters and Change Agents for the role they will play in the successful adoption of Scrum in the organization. Students learn the basics of Scrum, how to get it started, and how to keep it going in their organizations. Students will learn through interactive exercises and will use the same techniques that are needed when they start their projects. Our goal is to change the fundamental way people think about their projects and how to manage them.
Who Should Attend
People who will be ScrumMasters on a Scrum project, Leaders, Change Agents, Process Owners, and anyone involved in helping the organization’s agile transformation.
This class assumes you are familiar with Agile principles and practices and have worked with a software development team using Scrum as an Agile work management framework.
- Historical Background of Agile
- Overview of Scrum
- Scrum Roles and Responsibilities
- Benefits and Challenges in Using Scrum
- Agile Adoption Patterns for Large Organizations
- Agile Estimation and Planning
- Advanced Scrum Techniques
- Role of the ScrumMaster
- Organizational Dynamics of Scrum Adoption
- Building Successful Teams for Scrum
Using a combination of interactive presentations, problem-solving exercises, and team-structured simulations, the ScrumMaster class will enable participants to:
- Improve time to value by driving priorities and value to the customer
- Remove the barriers between development and the customer so the customer drives development
- Enable the customer to maximize ROI and meet their objectives through Scrum
- Improve the productivity of the development team through an iterative development
PMI Registered Education Provider
Attendees of this workshop are eligible to earn 14 PDUs.