User Stories Workshop
This 1-day class is designed to improve the analysis and creation process of story card writing, the main technique used in creating requirements in Scrum. Through a combination of lectures, examples and exercises, students will learn to write story cards that add value and target not just what customers are asking for, but what they truly need.
Who Should Attend
Product Owners, Customers, Business Analysts, Testers and Developers who wish to better express user needs through User Stories.
Attendees should be familiar with Agile principles and have worked in an Agile environment already.
- Fundamentals of User Stories
- Stories vs. Requirements
- User Story Principles
- Test Criteria as Part of the Story
- Story Size
- Splitting Stories
- Business Value and Estimation
- Technical Stories
The User Story Writing Workshop will enable participants to understand:
- How to effectively communicate customer needs to the team through user stories
- What elements make up a good story
- How to determine the right amount of detail and size to put into user stories and test criteria
- How to write technical and non-functional stories