Ready, Set, Goals!
Do you want to be more successful this year? Do you want to improve your relationships, your health, and your life? Well, the New Year is a common time for people to evaluate where they are in life, where they want to be, and to look at making a fresh start. Once someone does this, they often turn to setting goals. Goal setting is an important process that starts with considering and deciding just want you want to achieve.
Who really sets goals? Everyone from business professionals, students, parents, and athletes to entertainers and politicians. People set goals for all types of things, the most common categories are:
- Public Service/Volunteerism
Experts advise that you:
- Write down your goal(s) to make the end result more real and obtainable.
- Once you have written down your goals, be sure to put the paper in a visible place (your bathroom mirror, the refrigerator, your desk, the dashboard of your car or even taped to your cellphone!) to remind yourself everyday of these goals.
- Come up with your action plan, listing the steps you need to take in order to achieve your goals.
- Stay focused and on track, and remember it is a process so take it day by day.
Once you start to see progress as you accomplish the steps you have outlined, this will help to keep you motivated and achieve your goal in no time!
Have you set goals for this year yet? If not, it is time to get going. This article, Golden Rules of Goal Setting, can help you get the process started. Now is the time to reflect, take action and move forward – Good Luck!