Video Interviewing – What the Future Looks Like
Can you believe it is already 2018? Think about all the technological advances there have been in the last 10 years… no actually make that 5 years - it is truly unbelievable! All of this new technology has created a culture of “now”. Interested in watching something on TV – just stream it, “now”. Do you want to ask someone a quick question, no matter where they are – just shoot them a text, “now”. Do you want to order something and have it delivered today – just get online and order it, “now”.
Move that thinking to the human resources or recruiting department of an organization where they think, if only we could start to screen for this position “now”. If only we can confirm this candidate is as good in person, as they are on paper “now”. This is where the advantage of video interviewing comes into play.
This article, 15 Advantages of Video Interviews You Didn’t Know About, discusses how companies, both big and small, are using this technology to screen candidates, streamline the hiring process and save these organizations time and money. A video interview is a great way to connect with a potential employer, so be prepared as you begin your next job search and make sure you are camera ready!
CC Pace is seeking an experienced Agile Coach! This position offers the opportunity to work with a variety of clients, experience an array of Agile projects, and learn from leaders in the Agile community. We regularly provide on-going training to ensure our coaches stay at the forefront of up-and-coming industry trends, such as Kanban and advanced Scrum techniques. The ideal candidate is an experienced consultant with extensive business acumen and at least 7 years of experience working in an Agile environment at both the team and program level. We are looking for someone with strong leadership and client relations experience, as well as excellent communication and presentation skills.
CC Pace serves a national client base that includes members of the Fortune 100 to emerging, startup companies and mid-size firms. The majority of clients are within the Washington, DC metro area. We provide training, strategic assessments, project portfolio management, Agile project management, coaching and large-scale lean and Agile transformation.
Specific requirements include:
- Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP)
- SAFe Program Consultant (SPC4)
- Practical experience as a Scrum Master on software development projects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Business acumen
- Good interpersonal and client relationship management skills
- Flexibility in adopting practices and techniques to specific client needs
- Project management experience, with 3+ years delivering in an Agile (Scrum) environment
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Certified Scrum Coach (CSC)
- Experience in creating and/or delivering Agile course material
- Ability to map legacy process to the Agile process
- Experience in Lean Startups, Product Management, and/or Kanban
- Industry certifications including PMP, ACP, ICAgile
- DevOps experience
- Software Development Lifecycle experience
- Experience with SCRUM, DSDM, Lean Software Development, Extreme Programming (XP), SAFe, and other Agile methodologies
- Experience with government contracts is a plus
CC Pace is seeking a Program Manager to lead the delivery, growth, and management of multiple clients within our Government Practice. The Program Manager’s primary responsibilities include managing client accounts, identifying and acting on growth strategies, and promoting team collaboration, innovation, communication, and performance. The Program Manager will play an essential role in building and maintaining CC Pace’s culture and brand.
- Serves as the primary leader, accountable for completion of team delivery efforts including quality assurance activities and client acceptance.
- Builds and maintains client relationships, serving as the leader in developing a strategic vision for clients and internal teams
- Builds trust with client management and internal teams
- Handles challenging client situations and offers guidance and direction to client management
- Drives capture and business development efforts, creates downstream opportunities, and maintains relationships and a network to engage with clients and industry on future opportunities.
- Works with back office to ensure effective and timely actions are taken on a variety of internal and external requirements.
- Manages staff to create opportunities and monitor professional development
- Mentors team and creates an environment with high team satisfaction as evidenced by performance and retention of the staff
- Responsible for management of subcontractors and partner relationships
- Responsible for project financial accounting
- 10+ years IT experience
- Experience on software development projects
- 7+ years program management experience
- Experience working with Federal agencies
- Demonstrated experience managing client expectations and building trusted relationships
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- Able to work throughout Metro DC, particularly downtown DC
- Can pass Federal background investigations
- Bachelor’s Degree
We are currently seeking a Business Development/Account Representative in our IT Staffing Division to identify new business opportunities, as well as grow and maintain existing accounts. The role focuses on selling staff augmentation services – contract, temp-to-perm, and permanent IT placement positions. Within the role there will also be the opportunity cross-sell other CC Pace services, such as Agile Training, Custom Application Development and Financial Consulting services. Applicants must be highly motivated, outgoing, and relationship-focused.
- Establishing relationship with hiring managers, understanding their business objectives and needs, and working with the recruiting team to identify qualified candidates for opportunities
- Generating business opportunities through cold calls, referrals, and business meetings
- Gathering and qualifying job opportunities with hiring managers. Effectively communicating position qualifications with the CC Pace recruiting team
- Developing account plans and strategies
- Building long-term mutually beneficial relationships with clients
- Managing on-going contact with clients and consultants to ensure both are equally satisfied
- At least 3 years of experience in IT Staff Augmentation as an Account Rep or Recruiter
- Demonstrate strong drive for results and success; convey a sense of urgency to achieve outcomes and exceed expectations; persistent, despite obstacles, setbacks, and competing influences
- Ability to build a network and mine for client contacts and accounts
- Demonstrate self-motivation with the ability to establish goals and achieve results
- Proven success achieving sales objectives and quotas
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced, ever-changing industry
We have a position for a Senior Systems Developer with a financial securities firm located in Alexandria, Virginia. This is a full time employee position with many great benefits. Please let us know if you and anyone you know is interested!
Works independently and as a member of a team to design and develop new applications and to support/modify existing applications in Windows/Linux environments. Assists or leads in the development of system architecture, design, and documentation. Assists or leads in the development of organizational design and development standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as senior technical resource in working with business owners to define project requirements and to ensure that those requirements are implemented through efficient and timely application design and development
- Acts as senior technical resource in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting applications
- Acts as senior technical resource in working with internal and external development staff to ensure that the MSRB’s business goals are translated into effective and efficient applications
- Analyzes, defines, and documents system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environments, interfaces with other systems, internal/external checks and controls, and I/O
- Serves as a senior technical resource in the development of organizational standards for system architecture, system security, and system documentation
- Ensures that application design and development are in accordance with architectural and development standards, policies and procedures
- Assists in the definition, capture, and reporting of relevant development metrics
- Acts as senior technical resource in the development and documentation of organizational coding standards
- Mentors junior staff, helping to increase their technical proficiency and development skills
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, unit testing, changes, and corrections
- Writes and reviews documentation that describes installation and operating procedures
- Aids in the development of configuration files, build and deployment scripts, and release notes to ensure complete and accurate deployment of all applications into test and production environments
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, compatibility with other systems and computer capabilities
- Develops and maintains plans outlining steps for developing and installing applications
- Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms
- Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems
- Creates unit tests and other test transactions and runs tests to find errors and to confirm that developed code meets project specifications
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs; trains end users or technical support staff to use programs
- Analyzes, installs, and tests upgrades of externally developed application programs
- Applies generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation
- Provides assistance and consultation to users in the development and use of applications
- Designs and executes SQL queries and stored procedures as necessary in the development of data driven applications
- Performs other duties as assigned
Ability to clearly communicate ideas through written reports, business correspondence, technical standards, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of directors, clients, and the general public. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Experience in training or mentoring other junior staff.
CC Pace is a mid-sized, DC based staffing and consulting firm with a solid reputation for delivering superior results to our client. For over 30 years, we have built our reputation on an unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction. Our business model provides both staffing resources to augment client project teams and consulting resources to take on full delivery of projects and/or bring specialized knowledge. In addition, we are a recognized thought leader with Lean and Agile development methodologies and provide our clients a full complement of project execution, coaching and training services. Our customers appreciate that we understand their business needs and custom-design solutions to achieve both measurable bottom -line results and significantly improved business processes. We are seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented, Account Manager to join our Staff Augmentation business unit. The position will focus on selling consulting, temp-to-perm, and permanent placement services. Our Account Managers are responsible for developing and executing a sales strategy with new and existing clients, building strong client relationships, and working effectively with the recruiting team to achieve a defined revenue objective.
• Experience working in a technology consulting/staffing business model
• Experience with the sales lifecycle, and a proven track record of delivering mutually beneficial solutions/services.
• Demonstrated success of achieving target sales objectives and quotas.
• Experience building strategic relationships with clients in an outside sales environment.
• Strong customer service skills with the ability to listen and create solutions that address key business challenges.
• Experience qualifying opportunities & evaluating proposed candidates.
• Ability to manage multiple accounts simultaneously and effectively prioritize requirements with recruiting staff.
• Self motivated, with a high sense of integrity, flexibility, focus, and commitment.
• Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
• Excellent analytical skills. Creative and effective problem solving skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
CC Pace Benefits:
• Competitive salary/commission structure (uncapped)
• Work life balance
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• 401K w/matching
• Paid vacation/holidays
• Tuition reimbursement and training