Avaya-Certified Telecommunications Engineer
We have an immediate opening for an Avaya-Certified Telecommunications Engineer who will provide telecommunications engineering support for a federal organization in Washington DC with several thousand end users and 10+ locations, and owns and operates a distributed PBX system that supports (7) locations in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington DC. The candidate will possess Avaya Certified Specialist (or higher) Certification and technical knowledge of high specialized telecommunications applications/operational environments, high-level functional systems, and design integration of exceptionally complex systems.This position is on-site in downtown Washington DC. The primary shift is M-F, 10:00 AM – 6:30 PM, with earlier hours during the training period.
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting agency technical experts with current telecommunications projects such as: planning; implementing; testing; training; documenting requirements; task change documentation; maintaining the voice switch hardware, software, switch; network and equipment requirements; and daily telecommunication operations.
- Other support responsibilities include voice telecommunications systems such as PBXs, call centers, and peripheral systems/applications, wireless systems, messaging and automated attendants, paging (overhead, internal, commercial), call accounting, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), audio conferencing, mobile devices, cellular, smartphones, tablets, and other similar telecommunications devices.
- The successful candidate should demonstrate technical knowledge of current and emerging telecommunications services and systems.
The successful candidate will have experience with:
- Routing diversity; Redundant service; Local and long-distance services; Primary rate interface (PRI); Direct inward dial (DID); Tie lines (T-1); DS-3; internet services; analog facilities; physical infrastructure
- Voice/Data networking; Audix Voice Messaging; Avaya Aura Messaging (6.x)+; Communications Manager 5.2, 6.3+; Aura Conferencing 8.x; VOIP Solutions; SIP; Station/Switch administration; World class routing; Location Base routing; Enterprise Survivable Servers
- Tracking, updating, and documenting work in a ticketing system such as FootPrints, Remedy, Clarify, etc.
- Demonstrating proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Updating schematics and drawings using Microsoft VISIO or comparable tool
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work under pressure and tight deadlines, work independently, and work in a team environment
- Follow all ticketing standards for timeliness, accuracy, documentation, routing, etc.
Avaya Certified Specialist or higher certification
10 years of experience in the following functional areas:
- Knowledge of systems architecture and tools to update Visio drawings and schematics
- Telecommunications Industry Certification
- Inventory database maintenance and updates as inventory changes
- Preparing and performing management briefings
- Developing internal documentation, such as SOPs, instructions or user guides
- Conducting question and answer sessions with user groups;o Developing and executing test plans in accordance with agency standard operating procedures
- Technical knowledge of highly specialized telecommunications applications/operational environments, high-level functional systems, and design integration of exceptionally complex systems
- Excellent proven written and verbal communication skills
- Avaya Certification
- 10 years of Telecommunications experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with ticket management (Remedy, Clarify, FootPrints, etc.)