User Stories Workshop
This is a 4-hour course designed to facilitate the writing of good user stories. The class focuses on the types of product backlog items, story writing, and estimation. Participants will engage in a series of activities that help them understand the basics of user story writing, what makes a good user story, and how to make stories small enough to fit in a sprint but still deliver value.
Who Should Attend
Anyone intending to work with or on Agile projects.
Our Agile Basics course is a prerequisite to this course. We also highly recommend you attend our Introduction to Scrum course.
- Fundamentals of User Stories
- Stories vs. Requirements
- User Story Principles
- Test Criteria as Part of the Story
- Story Size
- Splitting Stories
- Business Value and Estimation
- Technical Stories
The User Story Workshop will enable participants to understand:
- How to effectively communicate customer needs to the team through user stories
- What elements make up a good story
- How to determine the right amount of detail and size to put into user stories and test criteria
- How to write technical and non-functional stories