Agile Project Management
This advanced course teaches Scrum Masters, Program Managers and Project Managers how to apply lean thinking and Agile principles to PMI’s Project Management Process Groups, leveraging the best of each to deliver maximum value to customers.
Who Should Attend
Experienced Scrum Masters, Project Managers, Program Managers, Tech Leads, and others who need more detail in the area of Agile Project Management.
Attendees should have traditional Project Management training/experience, along with prior experience as a technical lead, business analyst or project lead. Attendees should also have some Agile knowledge, including, but not limited to, the Agile Manifesto and the various agile methods.
- Understanding Agile Project Manager Behavior
- Review of the Agile Manifesto and Methods
- The Essentials of:
- Project Management
- Lean Thinking
- Understand the importance of:
- Being Customer Focused
- Creating Value
- Seeing Flow, Bottlenecks and Stress
- The Impact Lean-Agile techniques have on PMI’s:
- Five Project Management Process Groups
- Nine Knowledge Areas
Using a combination of interactive presentations, problem-solving exercises, and team-structured simulations, the Agile Project Management class will enable participants to understand:
- What is the right amount of effort to support planning activities
- How to:
- Improve your estimation accuracy and predictability
- Assess risk
- Assess team productivity & efficiency
- Forecast completion
- As an Agile project manager, understand how to apply lean thinking, Agile principles and Scrum techniques to a project management framework
PMI Registered Education Provider
Attendees of this workshop are eligible to earn 14 PDUs.