40th Anniversary Community Outreach Challenge!
It’s an understatement to say that 2020 has been a challenging year. In the midst of a pandemic, CC Pace has been celebrating a milestone anniversary of 40 years in business! To celebrate, we decided to host a 40th Anniversary Community Outreach Challenge. The pandemic has certainly highlighted the need for community service and outreach, we in turn challenged our employees to go out and make a difference in their communities!
Despite the challenges COVID-19 presented, CC Pacers continued to show overwhelming support in a variety of ways by donating masks to those in need and supporting organizations close at heart. In addition, CC Pace held a company-wide food drive to support of the Lorton Community Action Center, where together our team donated close to three hundred pounds of food!
In total, CC Pacers donated directly to 10 different organizations, including – two universities, two animal shelters, and multiple local and national non-profits all over the country. And, while some took a more traditional approach, others found creative ways to make a difference. For example:
- Donating 40 handmade masks made by an employee and their spouse.
- Committing to perform 40 acts of kindness throughout the year.
- An avid coin collector on our team, decided to sell one of his coins from 1940 and donate the proceeds directly to charity.
- Conducting and donating 40 hours of Agile Trainings as a fundraiser to the Los Angeles Telugu Association. The proceeds from those trainings, which totaled about $22,000, were given to promote community activities, art and culture.
Wow! Well done everyone! A big “Thank You” to all of our CC Pacers for giving back in so many creative ways! Happy 40th Anniversary CC Pace – here’s to 40 more!
If you would like to learn more about any of the organizations CC Pacers have supported this year, please visit the links provided:
- Houston Diaper Bank https://houstondiaperbank.org/donate/
- WolfTrap Animal Rescue https://www.wtarescue.com/support-us
- Fairfax County Animal Shelter https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/animalshelter/getinvolved
- Shelter House https://shelterhouse.org/get-involved/
- Give Essential https://www.giveessential.org/help
- Capital Area Food Bank (feeding America) https://www.capitalareafoodbank.org/how-to-help/
The primary goal of Marine Toys for Tots is to help bring the joy of Christmas through the gift of a new toy and send a message of hope to America’s less fortunate children. To join in this amazing effort, CC Pace signed up to be donation center for a second year in a row. Our employees shined with generosity and holiday spirit by overflowing our donation boxes! Not only did they provide games, dolls, books, cars, scooters and toys, but a group of them even took time to go out and shop together for our corporate donation – and as our video shows, had a blast while doing so! Here’s to Toys for Tots for celebrating their 72nd year in spreading joy!
Hard to believe we are almost through the first quarter of 2015! Since CC Pace likes to participate in at least one charitable event a quarter we have decided to give back to our four-legged friends. Homeward Trails Animal Rescue is a non-profit organization that provides adoption in the Virginia, DC, and Maryland area. They find homes for dogs and cats that were rescued from high-kill animal shelters or whose owners could no longer care for them.
Meet Branson, he is 6 months old and amazingly sweet, he will roll over on his side and show you his belly at first meeting. He is a young boy who will melt your heart and wants nothing more than to find his forever home. Branson is just one of many adorable animals that Homeward Trails has available for adoption.
The CC Pace team pulled together and we were able to gather various items to help support this organization’s efforts. There was even talk of a possible adoption.
For more information about Homeward Trails and their mission you can go to http://www.homewardtrails.org/.