Agile Coaches Wanted!
We have an exciting position for an experienced Agile Coach that provides an opportunity for you to grow both personally and professionally. This position offers the opportunity to work with a variety of clients, experience an array of Agile projects and learn from leaders in the Agile community.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced consultant with extensive business acumen and at least 7 years of experience working in an Agile environment at both the team and program level. We are looking for someone with strong leadership and client relations experience, as well as excellent communication and presentation skills. We provide on-going training to ensure our coaches stay at the forefront of up-and-coming industry trends.
- Coach multiple teams by facilitating/observing sprint activities (daily stand-up, sprint planning/reviews/retrospectives) and providing individual and team-based coaching on Agile practices, and helping to solve project and organizational impediments
- Coach Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Operations, and Developers on Agile roles, principles, practices, tools and artifacts
- Coach Product Owners and Scrum Masters on Development of Minimal Viable Product and business-value-driving thinking, creating, grooming and using the product backlog, removing impediments and managing stakeholders
- Works with Senior leadership to identify opportunities to support and sustain the Agile transformation
- Develop and conduct Agile training and workshops as needed
- Facilitate the effort to create an Agile Adoption Plan and Roadmap that includes goals/objectives, key dates/milestones, risks and communication approach
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate tools
- Provide guidance on Agile transformation with a focus on continuous improvement
- Develop standard processes, artifacts and templates required for Agile product development life cycle
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- SAFe Program Consultant (SPC4+)
- Practical experience as a Scrum Master on software development projects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience providing Agile Training (either classroom or just-in-time)
- Strong interpersonal and client relationship management skills
- Flexible in adopting practices and techniques to specific client needs
- Ability to contribute to the Agile Community
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Certified Scrum Coach (CSC) and industry certifications, like PMP, ACP, and ICAgile
- Experience creating and/or delivering Agile course material
- Ability to map legacy process to the Agile process
- Experience in Lean Startups, Product Management, and/or Kanban
- DevOps experience
- Software Development Lifecycle experience
- Experience with SCRUM, DSDM, Lean Software Development, Extreme Programming (XP), and other Agile methodologies
- Experience with government contracts
CC Pace serves a national client base that includes Federal and State government agencies, Fortune 100 companies, as well as emerging, startup and mid-size firms. Most of our clients are within the mid-Atlantic area. We provide training, Agile engineering, strategic assessments, project portfolio management, Agile project management, DevOps, technical coaching, and large-scale lean and Agile transformation.
As a manager or leader, some of the biggest mistakes you can make are not sharing your vision, holding on to control, not letting your team grow as professionals and simply not saying thank you enough.
In this article by Dave Ramsey, he has a list of 4 Ways to Empower Your Team. It’s a quick read with a solid message:
- Share Your Vision
- Stop Micromanaging
- Enhance Their Skills
- Brag on Them
Yes, that’s a short list, but each item has a significant impact. Employees do not feel connected when they don’t know where the company is planning to go, things to do not move forward quickly and time can be wasted when they are not able to make decisions on their own. Your team needs the ability to grow through training and mentoring, and they need to feel appreciated so that they know that you are aware of their efforts.
Start today, pick one task and give your team the ability to make a decision. It will make your employees feel valued and may increase morale in your workplace. So, just just let it go and see what happens. You may be surprised and find that your job just got less stressful!
Have you found yourself in this dilemma? You have just accepted a new job and have been there for 6 months and you are feeling, let’s say, unsure of your decision…..But you are concerned that if you leave, your resume will be perceived as a “job hopper”. What do you do? I think many of us at some time or another in our career have been faced with this decision. I came across this article that discusses the pros and cons of job hopping and thought it provided a good narrative for both sides of this dilemma. Enjoy and if you are in this situation, I hope it helps you work thru the situation.
CC Pace is a mid-sized, DC based staffing and consulting firm with a solid reputation for delivering superior results to our client. For over 30 years, we have built our reputation on an unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction. Our business model provides both staffing resources to augment client project teams and consulting resources to take on full delivery of projects and/or bring specialized knowledge. In addition, we are a recognized thought leader with Lean and Agile development methodologies and provide our clients a full complement of project execution, coaching and training services. Our customers appreciate that we understand their business needs and custom-design solutions to achieve both measurable bottom -line results and significantly improved business processes. We are seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented, Account Manager to join our Staff Augmentation business unit. The position will focus on selling consulting, temp-to-perm, and permanent placement services. Our Account Managers are responsible for developing and executing a sales strategy with new and existing clients, building strong client relationships, and working effectively with the recruiting team to achieve a defined revenue objective.
• Experience working in a technology consulting/staffing business model
• Experience with the sales lifecycle, and a proven track record of delivering mutually beneficial solutions/services.
• Demonstrated success of achieving target sales objectives and quotas.
• Experience building strategic relationships with clients in an outside sales environment.
• Strong customer service skills with the ability to listen and create solutions that address key business challenges.
• Experience qualifying opportunities & evaluating proposed candidates.
• Ability to manage multiple accounts simultaneously and effectively prioritize requirements with recruiting staff.
• Self motivated, with a high sense of integrity, flexibility, focus, and commitment.
• Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
• Excellent analytical skills. Creative and effective problem solving skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
CC Pace Benefits:
• Competitive salary/commission structure (uncapped)
• Work life balance
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• 401K w/matching
• Paid vacation/holidays
• Tuition reimbursement and training